10. Checkpoints and race assistance: Along the track, several checkpoints are positioned. Participants that do not pass all checkpoints will be disqualified. The jury and delegates along the track are able to disqualify or sanction competitors if their behaviour is not correct or they may cause damage to others.
On Saturday, only the classic technique is permitted, while on Sunday the race in free technique takes place. The use of free technique during Saturday’s race leads to disqualification. Please note that it is strictly forbidden to change the skis during the race. No one has the right of “free track” when passing by other competitors.
Those, which have been disqualified or are outside the time limits, have to take off their bib and deliver the chip for time keeping, if they want to continue on the race track. They still can use the same services as the other athletes (refreshment, medical care, shuttle service etc).
Along the race track medical and technical (waxing and pole change) services are provided, as well as refreshment stands (see route map).
The OC reserves the right to conduct random checks on competitors to ensure that they have not taken any prohibited stimulants.
11. Free Waxing service: There will be also a free ski waxing service the day before the race:
Friday, 02.02.2018 from 02.00 pm till 07.00 pm
Saturday, 03.02.2018 from 02.00 pm till 07.00 pm
12. Shuttle service: On Saturday, 03.02.2018, a shuttle service is provided from Cortina d’Ampezzo (central bus station) to Toblach/ Dobbiaco (train station). On Sunday, the shuttle goes from Toblach/ Dobbiaco (train station) to the starting area (Fiames Sport Nordic Center). Service is provided before and after the race and it is free of charge for participants.
13. Transportation of changing bags: All personal belongings must be put in the provided coloured changing bags and be brought onto the provided vehicle of the OC. The bags have to be marked with the bib number and are redistributed in the finish area, where showers and changing rooms are provided (Cortina: Palestra Revis; Toblach: Nordic Arena). According to the start wave, the bags have different colours. Please remember your bag’s colour in order to speed up the redistribution. Changing bags that have not been collected within an hour after the maximum time can be picked up at the Organizing Committees office at Toblach (Nordic Arena). The OC is not responsible for delivery to the participant’s domicile, it happens on behalf of the participant and on its own costs. The OC is not responsible for valuables put into the changing bag.
14. Prize giving ceremony: The prize giving ceremony takes place on Saturday at 01.00 p.m. in Cortina d’Ampezzo and on Sunday at 01.00 p.m. in Toblach (Grand Hotel).
Combination Ranking: The race in classic technique (Saturday) and the race in free technique (Sunday) count for the Combination ranking.
Not collected prizes: will be stored in the OC’s office and can be picked up within a months after the races by their owners. If the OC has to send the prizes by post to their owners, this happens on the owner’s costs.
15. Assignment of FIS points: The Gran Fondo Dobbiaco-Cortina 50 km classical technique distributes FIS points for ladies/men (see FIS regulation: 2.6 FIS long distance popular competitions).
16. Complaints: Any protest must be submitted in writing by the participant to the race jury within one hour after the arrival of the first participants of the different distances. A charge of 100,00 € will apply and returned in case of acceptance.
17. Race cancellation: 50% of the registration fee will be reimbursed (less eventual bank fees) if the OC has to cancel the event more than 24h before start. If cancelation is made less than 24h before start, the organizer will have the right to keep paid fees
In case of the lack of snow, the OC is entitled to set an alternative race track or to change the event’s date.
18. Responsibility: With the registration and payment of the corresponding fee, the participant agrees without exception to the above rules. For matters not covered by this rules, the rules contained in the FIS chart for promotional competitions „Popular races“ and the rules set up by „Ski Classics“ will apply. The OC may change the rules on its own behalf.
The athlete notices that the Granfondo Dobbiaco – Cortina requires significant physically and technically efforts. For this reason, every competitor, when entering the race, must be personally responsible for declaring to be properly trained and releases the OC from every liability regarding accidents before, during or after the event causing damage on third persons and/ or their property.
Every Italian citizen declares to be in possession of a valid medical certificate as foreseen in the rules.
By registering, the participant agrees to release the organizer, sponsors, public institutions and land owners from all liabilities.
The medical team has the right to prevent participants from continuing the race, if reasoned.
The OC assumes no responsibility for the participant’s personal belongings.
Upon entry, the participant consents to the disclosure of personal information to third parties for processing in accordance with the Italian Law no.196/2003 regarding the Protection of Personal data. The subscriber authorizes the Organization board to use your personal information to send you promotional material about the race, rankings, photos and anything else related to the event itself.
19. Accommodation: The choice of accommodation is at the discretion of the participant. We suggest to contact one of our Partnerhotels on our homepage or the Tourist Associations:
Tourism Information Toblach (BZ) - Tel: 0039-0474 972 132 - www.toblach.info
Cortina Turismo (BL) - Tel. +39 0436 869086 - www.cortina.dolomiti.org